Wurlitzer 1015 Plays same song over and over
r***@gameroom-classics.com
2006-08-18 16:43:15 UTC
Hey Guys
I have a 1015 I am working on and it selects the same song (# 11 if
that has any bearing) over and over, i can't select any other song Just
wondering where to start. Also need the speaker re-coned and the amp
rebuilt any body have any recomendations ?
Thanks
Rob
Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic
2006-08-18 20:37:42 UTC
The first thing to do is to get a copy of the service manual if you don't
already have one.

Then clean the vertical shaft below the record try stack; the one on which the
take-out arm bushing assembly rides. Any gummed-up oil or varnish on that
shaft will prevent the mechanism from selecting normally. Also check that the
knee-action cam lever is retracting fully from the star wheel on the selector
shaft.

It's also possible the torsion spring on the selector shaft may have broken.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic
Rob
Jo van Dongen
2006-08-19 16:06:49 UTC
Also check if the spring for selection # 11 on your selectorblock is'nt
broken.
So the pin can't be reset.
Best regards,
Jo van Dongen.
Jukebox Gallery, Holland.
Rob
i***@localnet.com
2006-08-21 14:51:28 UTC
r***@gameroom-classics.com
2006-08-21 16:02:32 UTC
Thanks Guys , I have the manual . Trying to see how the whole thing
operates and sequence. This mech was frozen and I was able to free it
up. I guess I have to look deeper to see if anything else is not moving
they way it should, hard to do when you are not sure how it operates !
Rob
John Robertson
2006-08-22 05:40:35 UTC
Post by r***@gameroom-classics.com
Thanks Guys , I have the manual . Trying to see how the whole thing
operates and sequence. This mech was frozen and I was able to free it
up. I guess I have to look deeper to see if anything else is not moving
they way it should, hard to do when you are not sure how it operates !
Post by r***@gameroom-classics.com
Hey Guys
I have a 1015 I am working on and it selects the same song (# 11 if
that has any bearing) over and over, i can't select any other song Just
wondering where to start. Also need the speaker re-coned and the amp
rebuilt any body have any recomendations ?
Thanks Rob
If the mech was 'frozen' then it is advisable to take it completely
apart and clean off all the old oil/grease first. Then look to
reassembly. trying to service a machine that has not had this process
done is simply a waste of time, it will jam up again in the near future
even if you get it to 'run'.

Study the machine and take many pictures of the take-down process. when
reassembling the unit first make sure that the shafts do not require
new bushings, or need bushings added. I have restored a number of these
machines over the last 30 years and almost all of them need bushings.
then you have to shim them to align the frames and shafts, then fix the
tapered pin holes with a tapered reamer and cut new tapered pins
(often, but not always).

It's a big job, requiring lots of patience and no small amount of
experience in taking things apart and putting them together again. It's
the only way to fix these units properly, then they will run for 20
years in a home or a few years in a restaurant before needing another
overhaul.

Machines I rebuilt in the 70's and 80's are now tricking back to the
shop for rebuilds or clean/regreasing.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call
just flip out."
r***@gameroom-classics.com