Tech: NSM Performer Classic error 61
flashbk13
2006-03-04 09:51:57 UTC
after it has been on for awhile (40min or more), it starts having
problems with the changer reading cd's (they will just spin and not
eject). I will get error 61 (maybe 63, but think its 61). I have to
turn off the power and back on and it will then put the cd away, but
will still be confused if I select another cd. After awhile, it won't
do anything (just show error 61). After it has been off awhile, it
works again. So there seems to be a thermal problem. What brds do I
need to check/ replace? I know where the control brd is (stacked on the
back cabinet wall with the central brd), but I don't know where the
decoder or driver brds are. Are they in the top of the changer? If so,
how do I get in there? Thank you, Rick.
m***@china-wise.net
2006-03-05 10:00:50 UTC
Hi Rick,
The decoder and driver boards are inside the top of the CD changer, The
other board to check is the board underneath the player.
If the problem is happening on different CD's, 95% of error 61's in my
experience are the cd players, either a dirty lens or a tired player
that needs refurbing or replacing. Which player are you using?? Error
63's normally show if the disc is spinning too slowly e.g. the lift
height is incorrect and pressing the cd tray onto the player too
much/little.
Check the player is clean first, especially if the juke is in a smoky
atmosphere.

Mark
flashbk13
2006-03-07 22:22:51 UTC
Thanks Mark for the info. I'll clean the lens. The player is a CDM4.
How do I gain access to the top brds? Thank you, Rick.
m***@china-wise.net
2006-03-08 04:28:04 UTC
The boards at the top of the cd box are mounted on an aluminium plate
either held in by two nuts at the inside back of the box, with a screw
at the middle front (between the door clip or two nuts and a spring
clip at the front. the two boards are attached to the aluminium plate
by screws with plastic spacers.

Mark
flashbk13
2006-03-10 10:31:31 UTC
Thank you Mark for all of your help, Rick.